
A few weeks back I purchased a bird feeder specifically for thistle seed. I really wanted to attract the prettier birds to my yard. The redheaded house finches have been eating at the regular bird feeder for several weeks and finally found the thistle feeder last week.But this morning I had at my feeders the beautiful yellow canaries. A pair has come to my yard to feed. It was such a wonderful Mother's Day surprise.
And yesterday we noticed that a pair of blue & white swallows have taken up residence in the home-made bird house that my husband built out of a rotten old log. He cleaned out the inside, bored a hole for the door, added a perch below it, and then finished it off with an old piece of plywood for the roof.

I have always loved to watch birds and I'm really glad that my trees outside of my kitchen window finally got big enough to hold my feeders.
Happy Mother's Day

No comments:
Post a Comment